No offense to the old school, Jack and Jill went up the hill nursery rhymes, but I think it’s more fun to sing some classics to your little one. It’ll eventually expand they’re vocabulary and what better way to teach them early on what good music is!
So ditch that iPhone/iPad/Android and sing to your baby! They’ll have enough time when they’re older to immerse themselves in our ever growing technological world.
You can do this while baby is hibernating in your womb or when your breasfeeding. I find it especially helpful when they’re crying, drooling, pooping, in car rides, early morning, and at night. Well anytime actually!
Here are a few that we love singing to our little one. I could of added more but the list could go on and on! They’re in no particular order. Videos included 🙂
1. Hakuna Matata, from The Lion King
It means no worries for the rest of your days…
2. We Are The Champions, by: QUEEN
Champions of the world…
3. Day O, by: Harry Belafonte
Day Ohhh … you can slip in and say Dada!
4. Mama Mia, originally by: ABBA, but I remember it being sung by: A*Teens
5. Rockin’ Robin, by: Bobby Day
Love to hear the robin go tweet tweet tweet! You can dance and sing to this song.
6. L-O-V-E, by: Nat King Cole
I will always LOVE this song!
7. ABC, by: The Jackson 5
What better way to sing the ABC’s to baby!
8. Mr. Sandman, by: The Chordettes
Mr. Sandman bring me a dream (bum, bum, bum, bum). You can sing baby to sleep!
9. My Girl, by: The Temptations
I’ve got sunshine on a cloudy day…
10. Do Re Mi, from The Sound of Music
DO, RE, ME, FA, SO, LA, TI, DO… Teach baby the basics of singing!
11. The Bare Necessities, from The Jungle Book
I mean the bare necessities, Old Mother Nature’s recipes. That bring the bare necessities of life.
Happy singing and happy weekend! :]