I cooked Cod and Clam Chowder with corn, for the first time this week! It was so yummy and filling, especially on a cold day. I can’t believe how easy it was too!
I’ll definitely be cooking this again :]
(Makes 5-6 servings)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour
- 1/2 pound of cod, chopped, skin removed
- 1/2 can of baby clams, 5 oz, save juices
- 6 scallions, thinly chopped, whites and greens separated
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 3 red potatoes, cut in 1/2 inch dice
- 2 cups 2 percent milk
- 1 1/2 cup of water
- 2 teaspoons of dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoons of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoons of freshly ground pepper
- 1 can of corn kernels, 5 oz
- 1/4 cup half and half
- a pinch of red pepper flakes
- On the stove top, on medium heat in a pot, add olive oil, onions, whites of scallions, and garlic. Saute onions until they are translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Then add flour, stirring frequently for 2 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes, milk, clam juice, water, thyme, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil for 10 minutes or until potatoes are close to tender.
- Reduce heat to medium. Then add cod, clams, and corn, simmer for 5 minutes. I added a pinch or more of red pepper flakes, my husband and I like the heat!
- Reduce heat to medium low and stir in half and half. Cover for 5 minutes, and its ready to serve.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with remaining scallions.
Leave a Reply